GENERAL GYM RULES & POLICIES
COVID 19 Policies
*Masks are not required for students. All adults entering the facility must wear a mask. Staff will wear a mask when spotting or in direct contact/communication.
*Temperatures will be taken and monitored
*Hand Sanitizer or hand washing will be required when entering the building.
*Students will be greeted at the door and enter using social distancing. We ask adults enter only after the class has been called into the gym. If there are too many people in the lobby, we ask you wait in your car. The lobby is small, please practice social distancing when in the lobby area.
* We have a 15 min. break between recreational classes to have time to disinfect surfaces and to reduce kids from one class interacting with students from the next class.
*Bring a water bottle labeled with the child's name with you.
*The facility will be sanitized at the end of each shift/day.
*If your child/family has symptoms, please keep them home. If you or anyone in your family have been exposed, please contact the office immediately.
ARRIVAL AND PICKUP. On arrival, please accompany your child into the lobby area and have the student get ready for class. The lobby area is not supervised and students under the age of 12 should not be left unattended. If you arrive more than 5 minutes before class begins please wait with your child until class time. For safety reasons no child can be in the gym without an instructor. Please allow time for a visit to the bathroom or to change clothes before class so that the student does not miss warm ups. For safety reasons, participants who arrive late must do a mandatory 10 minute warm-up before participating. If you leave during your child's class and arrive after class ends, please sign in and out at the front desk.
Please pick up your child on time. When class is over, gymnasts must leave the training area. The instructors will need to start the next class and therefore cannot supervise them. Please inform us if you know you will be late picking up him/her. Instruct your child to wait inside the building and you should escort them from the building to your car. During peak times the parking lot is crowded. Please take into consideration that our students may include young children. Please drive slowly and carefully. Do not take a chance on your child running to and from your car.
While we understand that there are many circumstances that may lead to being late, we cannot allow a student to participate in a class if they are more than 15 min. late. It is disruptive and unsafe.
OBSERVATION. There is open observation of all classes at all times from the lobby. There are only staff and students allowed in the gym. Students should wait in the lobby until their class is called, for safety reasons no child can be in the gym without an instructor. Siblings and friends not enrolled in class must remain outside the training area and must be supervised by an adult. When class is over, gymnasts must leave the training area. The instructors will need to start the next class and therefore cannot supervise them. Please pick up your student on time. For the safety of those in class, spectators should keep the noise level as low as possible. Students and parents are liable for any damage caused by negligent behavior.
Personal Property: ASCA is NOT responsible for lost or stolen property in or around our premises, including the gym floor, the observation area, or your vehicle. Valuables should be left at home.
Photos and video taken on the studio floor are restricted to personal use only, and require permission of everyone in the shot. Photos and video of people at ASCA should never be posted online without the written permission of everyone in the shot.
DRESS CODE: All street clothes and shoes should be left in the cubbies provided at the entrance to the gym. No street shoes are allowed on the gym floor.
Girls should wear a leotard and shorts, boys should wear a tight t-shirt or tank top and athletic shorts.
NO zippers or buckles on clothing. They can be dangerous to the student.
· Shirts must be able to tuck in. No degrading or profane messages on clothing.
· Students may go barefoot, wear socks or gym/ballet shoes. Please have clean feet and/or clean socks.
· Long hair must be tied back. No necklaces or body jewelry.
· Students who come to class without their circus/gymnastics attire will be asked to change their clothes.
PAYMENTS. All fees are to be paid a month upfront before 1st class.
On the 1st of the month , your on-file card will be automatically charged for the full session tuition and membership fee if applicable. If the 1st should fall on a Sunday, your card will be run on the next business day. Any late payments will acquire a late fee($20). A withdrawal form is required to cancel automatic payments, or to withdraw from a class, which is discussed in the next section. All tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable as of the 1st of the month. Some exceptions are made when there are extenuating circumstances such as injury or extreme illness with a doctor's note. These exceptions will be subjected to a $25 processing fee if approved.
No refunds for classes not taken within the month for which they were purchased.
$30 charge for any returned checks, returned e-check.
There is a $5 declined credit/debit card fee if your card declines for any reason.
*Credits cannot be carried over to the following year.
Withdraw from classes. If are you not able to continue in your class ,please provide us with a written notification via our email firstname.lastname@example.org, fill out withdrawal form : be sure to include your daughter's / son's name and the class title, date, and time in which she/he is enrolled, as well as, the date you wish to discontinue class. We will contact you once we receive notification to go over any pertinent details and finalize your cancellation. Please, let us know by the 15th day of the month that you wish to be your last. For example, if you plan to make February your last month, inform us by February 15th. This gives us adequate time to stop your payment. If we are not informed by the 15th, all tuition charges will be applied on the first of the next month.
REGISTRATION. If the class is not full, you can sign up at any time, your tuition will be pro-rated accordingly. For some skill classes, enrollment periods are restricted due to show performance.
If less than 3 students sign up for a class we reserve the right to cancel this class.
If 3 or less students attend the class we can cut the duration of this class.
Safety First. ALL participants (or their parents/guardians if under 18) must sign a Waiver/Release Form.
Anyone who doesn’t have a signed waiver is not allowed in the class room at all!
Students MUST follow the safety rules and gym rules. A student who cannot is to take a break from attending class until they are able to follow the gym rules.
Instructors would like to teach your child as effectively as possible. If your child has any particular physical or emotional needs or characteristics it is very helpful to let us know.
Classes have required skills that must be mastered before moving on to the next level class. Feel free to talk to your child’s instructor about their progress. We want students to be challenged but not intimidated, and to improve strength and skills while having fun.
Because of strict student to teacher ratio, missed classes will not result in prorated tuition or refunds.
- As of August 1, 2018, we will no longer allow make-up classes. Due to our gym growth and our desire to provide athletes with quality instruction, it’s infeasible to continue to accommodate make-up classes.
- We do not offer make-up classes or prorated tuition due to inclement weather that prevents us from safely opening the gym, as weather is out of our control.
- If the gym closes for any reason other than named holidays or inclement weather, we will offer a make-up opportunity for the entire class.
- If your personal schedule makes attendance difficult, please contact the office about alternative class times/days.
- Consistent attendance is vital for your child to have continual improvement in their skills and development
- We reserve the right to cancel or change the program schedule.
It is the parents’ responsibility to be aware of all the closed days due to national and religious holidays.
There are no make-ups for Holidays. They are fixed into the tuition.
Scheduled holidays are:
- Labor Day 9/7/2020
- Halloween 10/31/2020
- Thanksgiving 11/26/2020
- Winter Break• Christmas • New Year 12/24/2020 - 1/1/2021
- Memorial Day 5/31/2021
- • Week of Fourth of July • Independence Day 06/29/2021 - 7/5/2021
Announcement about gym closure due to inclement weather will be posted on the school Facebook page, front page on our website, and a notice will be sent to the e-mail provided by you on the registration form.
A “Can Do” Attitude is expected
Respectful and courteous manners are expected of all persons at all times
Respect your own abilities and the abilities of others
Our intention is to foster growth and help set personal goals in a judgment free atmosphere
Students MUST follow the safety rules. A student who cannot will be asked to take a break from attending class until they are able to follow the rules.
Respect the Equipment
Equipment should only be used as intended
Report any equipment problems to the instructor immediately
THE GYM RULES
- Listen to instructors
- Follow instructions
- If you want to try something you haven't been instructed to do ASK your instructor
- Don't talk to instructors who are spotting someone else at risk
- Don't cross safety barriers unless you are invited to
- Don't go on high risk equipment unless you are asked to
- No one is allowed to do anything that jeopardizes their own safety or the safety of others. Safety rules must be followed by students, as well as parents, sibling, and guests. Failure to act in an appropriate and safe manner may result in your removal from class.
- ALL participants (or their parents/guardians if under 18) must sign a Waiver/Release Form
- Students MUST follow the safety rules. A student who cannot is to take a break from attending class until they are able to follow the rules.
- Students are expected to be courteous and encouraging to classmates.
- Students must stay on the equipment or activity the instructor has chosen.
- No gum or food during class.
- ONLY currently registered students are allowed in the class area
- Students are NOT permitted on the gym floor until their class time
- NO students allowed anywhere in the facility unless directed by an instructor
- Only one person at a time on the equipment unless told differently by the instructor.
- NO fighting/horseplay of any kind
- STAY ALERT! Avoid mat areas and other students on equipment while moving through the gym
- Use CAUTION when getting on and off mats and equipment
- Mats increase safety but do not eliminate risk of injury–use of common sense and proper learning progressions is necessary at all times
- NO glass or glass bottles of any kind in the gym
- Notify instructor if you need to leave class for any reason (restroom, drink etc.)
- ALWAYS be aware of other students/classes in the gym and NEVER run across the floor or in front of other groups.
- Clean up after yourself; all trash goes immediately into trash cans
- NO Smoking anywhere in the gym
- NO Alcohol on premises
Circus Skills involve some risks. You might:
· slip, fall or trip
· collide with people or things
· be hit by falling objects or objects being thrown / spun by others
- We take all practicable measures to manage these risks, but you may be injured in this activity.
- When you are in a gymnastics class, you should always pay attention to what is happening around you. You should also always remember the safety rules.
· May result in your removal from class.
· STAY ALERT WHILE MOVING THROUGH THE GYM! Avoid students on equipment and mat areas.
· Participants on medication that may affect coordination skills should not attend classes. Please advise instructor if student is on any medication and/or is ill and/or has symptoms of illness
· Report any injury or unusual pain/discomfort to instructor immediately
· Please notify instructors of any learning disabilities or special needs.